Sunday, January 30, 2011

Love to connect!!

I often forget how great it feels to meet people and connect with them - both personally and professionally.  I had a great experience this afternoon, which was satisfying on both levels. 

I attended a focus group, held by a woman who's opening a store for unique, modern products for babies and young children in our area.  I believe I learned about her store, Binx, through a friend's FB page.  I contacted her about ways we might be able to collaborate, met with her, and learned about the focus group.  I was so impressed by her set-up, materials, and potential products at the focus group!  Binx is going to be a great addition to our area.

Perhaps more than sharing thoughts and learning about this new business, I loved chatting with women I already knew, and meeting others.  Many were small business owners and parents, providing lots to connect about.  I also got a couple of ideas for ways to market my Barefoot Books business.  What a great way to start a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment