Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Hola and Bon Jour!

I'm one of many Americans who speaks only English.  I feel a little sheepish about this, especially when I speak to people from other countries who know their native language, English, and sometimes several other languages, as well.  Although I can't teach my daughter to speak or read other languages fluently, I'm doing my best to expose her to them, with the hope that she'll develop both a small foundation and an interest in learning more as she grows.

Barefoot Books has a broad selection of Spanish, French, and bilingual books, which are great for exposing young children to these languages.  Some of my favorites are below.  The full selection of Barefoot Books Spanish, French, and bilingual titles can be found at http://www.amym.barefootbooks.com/.

For babies and toddlers:




For children:





Singalongs:


No comments:

Post a Comment