Thursday, September 1, 2011

September Nonprofit of the Month

My September nonprofit of the month is an organization that's near and dear to me, WAMC Northeast Public Radio.  My parents have been listeners forever, so I've literally been listening to it for as long as I can remember. 

WAMC is a regional public radio station serving portions of seven northeastern states - NY, MA, PA, CT, VT, NH, and NJ.  It's a member of National Public Radio, and an affiliate of Public Radio International.  Financial support comes from listeners who contribute annually in fund drives and other appeals as well as from underwriting by businesses, grant support for WAMC's National Productions and governmental sources such as the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and the New York State Education Department.

I love the original programming, coverage of local and regional news, NPR programming, and intelligent conversation about real issues.  My radio is permanently tuned to my local WAMC station, 90.3.

I'm donating 20% of my September online sales to this fantastic organization! 

No comments:

Post a Comment